Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Cherry" O Recipe Box


Finally found a few minutes to post photo's of the recipe box, however the recipe cards did not come in on Monday's shipment so I will have to share that with you later. This was a fast easy and inexpensive project that would make a great gift. I used 2 pieces of pattern paper from the "Cherry O" line, a leftover button from the "Cherry O" wotg, the stamping on the front is also from the wotg stamp set. What a deal, you can get a lot of bang for your buck with the wotg kits. I inked all of the edges of the box in tulip before adhering the paper, I gave the box a couple of days to set then finished it off with 2 coats of Mod Podge. I am a super messy cook, and we are true southerners so lots of frying goes on in the kitchen, I wanted to give the box a nice layer of protection from the kitchen elements.

We had our new mattress and box springs delivered this morning, YAAAA it has been 14 years since Bob and I had a new mattress, that seems a little gross but it was in perfect shape when they took it out other than the deep wells we had worn in it over the years, even with turning and flipping we were both stiff each morning, we definitely got our money out of the old mattress.

Also installed 2 new stainless steel shelving units in the laundry room yesterday, I HATE building!!! I loaded both of them up with canning supplies, cast iron and more Williams Sonoma baking dishes than anyone should have. I now have lots more room in the pantry and a full 5' x 5 shelving unit in the laundry room to hold all the caning jars I am working on this summer.

Working on Kelli's art for the nursery, have my fingers crossed I can get it finished today, her book case should also be in today so the babies room will FINALLY be done!!! One baby down one more to go, Heather and Shannon will move in their new house the second week of June so I am sure she will keep me busy nesting before the baby comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment