Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creating In Green

Square Foot garden
Finally eating salads from our garden, broccoli will be ready to harvest over the weekend! YAAA

Still haven't had time to get back in the scraproom, the garden is sucking the time out of every day. We installed 2 new Square Foot beds over the weekend, doesn't look like much but let me tell you it took all day Saturday. We worked from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM to pull it off, building the boxes, collecting the different soils needed, finding heirloom seeds that I wanted, then finally the fun part PLANTING!! If all goes well we will have sweet potatoes, onions, bush beans, pole beans, radishes, and corn in just 2 of these little babies, hope it works!!

We are also working on a Raspberry bed or whatever you call it, still need to figure out what I want to use to support the bushes, it needs to be functional but also cute, since I spend so much of my time in the garden right now cute is important. We have had 3 inches of rain in the last 24 hours so the garden is out for today so maybe with a little luck and a long nap on Tyler's part I can put together a card or two today, I need to get a few thank you notes in the mail this week

No comments:

Post a Comment