Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ready for a quite week

Hope to have a quite week with lots of productive activity around the house, our weekend has been crazy busy and stressful.
Kara Wasn't herself Friday, by the afternoon I knew she was becoming really ill but not sure what was going on. Kelli got her in the the Dr. and found she was dehydrated and had a UTI, she spent most of the day in the hospital having test run and getting loaded up on antibiotics, back to the Dr this morning for a recheck, things are no better but no worse. She will be checked each day for a couple of more days to make sure the meds are doing their job.
We helped with Heathers garage sale Saturday from 6:00 AM until late in the afternoon, baby is due in just 8 short days, what the heck was that girl thinking? It has inspired me to be very brutal while cleaning out our own attic for the next week or two!!! Can I interest anyone in a few tubs of Beanie Babies? My goal this week is to finish dehydrating pie pumpkins and haul as much as I can to goodwill from the attic!!!!! Cut a fresh vase of Zinnia's today, the season is almost over, I will really miss having free fresh flowers in the house


Here was this mornings project, Salt Brine Pickles. We have been getting a few cucumbers from the garden lately, decided I wanted to get at least one crock of salt brine's before winter. This is nothing more than water, salt and fresh cucumbers that soak in brine for a week. I decided to keep then on the counter so I can remember to skim the scum off each morning, our weather is cool enough that they should be fine. The crock bottoms are unfinished that's why a kitchen towel is under the crock, with my luck the counter would get scratched up otherwise. I am using a sauerkraut board to keep the pickles submerged in the brine, hope it will be easier to work with than a weighted down plate! If we are lucky I will be able to throw some cabbage in the crock for sauerkraut later, our cabbage is coming along but not as nice as what we had in the spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment