Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nanny Time



It has been a longggggg time since I have been able to take some time for just me, for the next 3 days that's what I will be doing. The kids, grand kids and Rambo man are all on notice and agree that Nanny needs a little me time. After our New Years meal today I set myself up a little nest in the family room to work on winter cards. I didn't take the time to write a note in many of our Christmas cards and I am not really crazy for family newsletters. After receiving Christmas cards from family and friends I wanted to send a note to some of them so tonight I made some winter cards to send out next week. I scrap lifted the card idea from the Christmas card Close to my Heart sent to consultants. Made a few changes since I didn't have all of the same supplies but they still turned out cute. It is hard to see the rhinestones and prisma glitter from a photo but they both really blinged the cards out.
It feels so good to create something for a change, might even do a little more creating over the next 3 days, for sure a nap or two will be in order, want to catch up on a little reading and print out a few recipes from the Internet. May or may not even get dressed tomorrow!! Since we had a family meal today we won't be having Sunday dinner, no need to get dressed, and I have enough leftovers so I don't even have to cook for a few days, woo hoo for me.
Hope everyone had a great New Years and will give yourself permission to take some time off for just you. Mom's work their tails off during the holiday the gift of time is what we all need!

No comments:

Post a Comment