Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekly Spending

Tyler and Blakley at Wedding in Key West, ring bearer and flower girl




What can I say other than the coupon, sales, and rewards fairy was very, very good to me this week!! Lets start with the furniture for the scrap room. Each piece was marked down to $129.00, I used a 20% off coupon to bring the price down even more, used the $200.00 I made from the coffee cozy sales, that brought the cost down to $7.00 out of pocket!!!! I planned on using the cozy sales to buy more fabric but after seeing what I had on hand I ditched that idea and went for the furniture. I even got the cost at the pump down a little this week, not sure how but I will take any savings where I can. Karsyn and I spent the day doing what else but sewing!!!


I am working on a new purse for Daughter #1, I bought the pattern that is really cute but decided to make some changes, I don't know why I even bother buying patterns I always make changes. I should be able to finish up the purse tomorrow if the stars line up just right and Karsyn will take a morning nap. Also whipped up a dozen coffee cozy's to have on hand, a neighbor I treated on Mothers day with one wanted 5 more for work this week, cool! here is a run down on the spending


Gas - $74.60 up to $3.89 gallon

Groceries - $32.16 Saved $98.12

Christmas gift - $10.81 Saved - $120.00

Tyler shirts - $3.32 Saved $32.62

Eating out - $16.00

Furniture - $7.00 Saved $251.00


Total spent - $143.89 Total Saved - $501.62 UNDER BUDGET - $57.00



Wish every week could turn out this good, but it will all average out at the end of the year, sometimes being frugal sucks, but every once in a while it ROCKS!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did awesome ths week!! Doesn't that just totally make your week?! :) I can't wait to see the purse you're making! I have one that I'll be doing soon... Just need to get a few more items crossed off of my to do list!

    ReplyDelete