Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fiscal Fast Day 5

 The beginnings of a new quilt during nap time today
Another load of carrots

Short post tonight as I need to be ready to hit the floor in high gear in the morning.

After the grands left today I jumped on the lawn mower and did a quick mow of the front yard before we get any more rain. SIL#2 normally does our lawn mowing but they had been on vacation for a week, since they have been home we have had off and on rain each day. I couldn't stand to see the grass grow one more inch at least in the front yard!! Afterwards I did a survey of the back yard, we had a pretty big storm this morning. Lots of tree limbs and such were down but thankfully no trees. Why oh why did I walk around the garden.... Before the little ones arrive in the morning I need to finish cleaning the pile of carrots I pulled tonight, cut and steam them, then it's in the dehydrator they will go. Nothing like a little extra work before the sun comes up, grrr

It was another uneventful no spend day today. I can't think of a thing we are going to need until Sunday night when I will need to pick up some eggs and fruit for the grands next week. If things continue to go as planned an extra $200.00 with be headed to the Christmas/Vacation account Sunday morning!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Debby is that an early crop of carrots? I have only just planted mine, the tiny seedlings have come through but are just that-tiny! We wont be eating carrots anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, these are still from last falls planting. It worked out so well I think I will wait until fall again this year to plant, leaves more room in the garden for other things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bunch of carrots, Debby ! Our lawn is going to be a hay field by the time it dries up and the Crabby Cabbie gets around to it ! Great NO Spending control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Working Dear friend keep working get more success in the name of LORD
    bicycle repair shops in london
    second hand bicycle shops in london

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so busy - where do you get your energy? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I on your Christmas list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a pretty nasty storm last night too. But it looks like nothing is seriously damaged, just a few branches.Looks like you are adding a nice cushion to your Christmas/vacation fund.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you go Girl!!! those carrots are so pretty, I have never grown them.

    ReplyDelete