Monday, July 23, 2012

Lots to do

 Karsyn is a corn eating fool, the girl can't get enough corn on the cob!
 Sunday dinner desert was chocolate sheet cake, zucchini bread and home made ice cream. Yum
 One pile of the many tomato's that need to be canned.
Part of yesterday's haul from the garden. I sent hubby off with an additional bag full of veggies to share at work.

The list of things that are on the MUST do list is growing by leaps and bounds. I have to get the tomatoes canned today before they start going bad. I also have 10 pounds of sweet cherries that need attention, lots of dehydrating waiting to be worked up, and the onions are finally dry enough to store. Our garden is in sorry shape this year however we are beginning to get more than we can use on a daily bases. The hot work of canning will be underway this week. Added to that our DD#2 moved home over the weekend so I need to help her settle in until she can find an apartment of her own. Lots of Mommy TLC on that front along with the entire family who as expected has rallied to her side.

Off to my yearly physical this morning, followed up with breakfast out with some friends. Supper tonight is quick and easy. I pulled the stuffing for peppers from the freezer along with that we have leftover potato salad, pasta salad, and corn on the cob. I so love leftovers on days like today!!

Will be back later today/tonight with an update on my hexie quilt along. Much better progress this past week than the week before. Slow and steady is the name of the game on this project

4 comments:

  1. you've got quite the harvest there. We're hoping for rain to cool things down here.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some wonderful things from your garden - I am truly impressed. That cake looks wonderful .... my mouth is watering. Hope the physical goes okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Debby, looks as if you are going to have a lot to do.You are so lucky having such good harvests of food, our veg hasnt done too well over here, probably with all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything comes at once doesn't it? Karsyn could keep up with my hubby in the corn depart I think.

    ReplyDelete