Monday, August 20, 2012

Rainy Day Sunday

 Quilt of Valor is ready for one of our hero's
 The back
 This one might need to go to a hero from the Navy, I couldn't pass up this cute fabric for the backing and on sale to boot! All out of my stash, no spending.
 I sorted a few  2 1/2 inch pieces for Granny square blocks to work on this week.
 Of course I had to make just a few
 Love this one.
Pretty cute as well.

Don't you just love to wake up to a rainy day when there is no place to go and nothing that has to be done? For some reason it seems OK to take a cup of coffee or tea back to bed and spend a little extra time catching up on blogs. Hanging out in PJ's for the day doesn't seem as sinful, you can take an afternoon nap with no time limit! HA

I did get a few things done around the house on this lazy day, more of a lick and a promise cleaning if you know what I mean. I hung out in the scrap/sewing room for awhile picking out projects to keep me busy this week. If I get lucky I hope to knock out 2 UFO's. I will have to do some "Making Do" with one of them, the other I think I have what I need, if not I will continue to make do! Having a freezer full of pre-cooked meals is a wonderful thing, I can sew my little heart out and not worry about taking time to cook a meal.

Is anyone else overloaded with UFO's as I am? Being down with my feet has been a blessing in being able to clear out a few UFO's. Wish I could say they will all be done in the next few weeks but that would take a team of ladies willing to pitch in! Y'all head on down I will put you to work, I still have a few loves of zucchini bread in the freezer so you won't go hungry!!!

4 comments:

  1. I could be the UFO gopher...lol, and serve up the beverages along with the Zucchini Bread. I had a "pick up the chunks day", as I call them, Saturday. I love the 2nd block the fav out of the three. Hope that foot has been getting better for you in short work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Could you, please, send us some of this rain of yours?:) The constant heat is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are lovely- it is fun to get some things done on a rainy day. Blessings & I hope your feet heal quickly- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Quilt of Valor is absolutely stunning

    fancy having that on your washing line...I wouldn't want to bring it in i'd like to show it off to all for days LOL
    Paraolympics start on 29th Debby that'll give you something to watch to get on with your hexies :-)

    keep well

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete