Sunday, March 3, 2013

Some Finishes

February block of the month #1 complete
As well as #2
AJ the beagle and I got the binding on the three additional carrot table toppers
 
Here are the table toppers complete and ready to mail to their new homes way before Easter!!
Remember way back when before Thanksgiving when my fancy girl machine went down? I was working on a fall quilt for our home, just beginning the quilting as a matter of fact. I pulled the quilt from the UFO pile, I can NOT start anything new until I finish up at least two UFO's.

Hubby arrived home safely yesterday just in time for a dinner of chili and corn muffins. It's nice to have him home even if it is for a brief period of time. We have lots of To Do's on our list for today.
Unpack his truck
Gather kitchen, bath, bedroom items he will need in his new digs
Wash up all his winter clothes, coats, hats, gloves and all that jazz
Pack up summer things for work and play he will need
Organize office supplies/drawings and whatever else it is he needs
Repack his emergency kit for the new climate he will be heading to
Do some budget work to figure in yet a new amount he will need for rent and living expenses in AZ
Get expenses turned in to company so we can recover lost rent and all from MI

In addition we will be celebrating his Birthday at Sunday dinner today as he will be on the road for his real Birthday on the 10th :( I think I have figured out a way that he can have a small surprise on the 10th when he is away from home as well. He has decided to have his party at Chucky Cheese!! It was a big hit with the Grands last fall at my Birthday and the price isn't too bad. I really don't have the time to spend all day in the kitchen preparing a meal for us all with such a big list of MUST do's ahead of us!!

Off for now I will do another post later today with updates on our 52 week savings challenge as well as our Christmas/Vacation fund

9 comments:

  1. Love the blocks of the month, gorgeous with that red!! The carrot toppers are soo cute! LOL!! And can I just say that I LOVE that hubby has HIS birthday party at ChuckECheese!! hahaha!! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a fun party, I will bring the cake and Tums! Ha

      Delete
  2. Block #2 is my Fav, but not as much as your new Quilt is. Those Grandkids score again! with another Grandparent B/D. Besides us March babies are some of the best ! I don't know where you find time to pack your list all in one day, and never mind cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to always be in a hurry to do this and that, no wonder we LOVE do nothing days right! Ha

      Delete
  3. Awesome finishes, Debby. Love the carrots - very cute.

    Your hubby is headed to AZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep AZ it is from snowy upper MI to the heat of AZ, lots of changes!! Ha

      Delete
  4. Love your dog AJ peeking out from under those carrots! He's a cutie, I miss having a dog when I hear about his regular cuddling time:) Nice for you too to have the company when hubby is away! From Michigan to Arizona - that'll be quite the climate change for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love our princess AJ!! You are so right about the climate change, packing up the long john's to trade out for the speedo (not really!!)

      Delete
  5. Oh, these carrot table toppers are so adorable!! And I'm glad you got your Hubby back for a little bit. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete