Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Shopping


Now this is the way to Christmas shop!!!

 I somehow picked up a nasty cold over Thanksgiving, ugh..no way was I going out in the crowds this weekend but I didn't want to miss out on some of the super sales going on. I took our DD's advise and began shopping on line. Well let me tell you this is the only way to go!! Ha

Our SIL's are hard to fit, shopping for jeans, shirts, and jackets were a breeze on line. No standing on my head to find jeans that will fit our 6'5" SIL nor our skinny 2nd SIL. DD#1 had several items on her list from ETSY, while there were not any sales on her things it did feel good to buy from small businesses. Lots of surfing the net to find discount codes is not a favorite of mine but I sure liked to see the total price go down!!

My Sister in Law turned me on to QVC while they were in town. I'm not much of a TV watcher but after keeping it on in the background while I deck the halls a little more today I picked up what seemed like a couple of good deals. The man in Brown will be my new best friend for the next few weeks! Ha

I did venture out this evening after I found out Kohl's is now open until 12:00AM. There was not a single person in the store, nice! Savings at Kohl's $500.33 in addition I earned $165.00 in Kholes cash.

I still haven't received DD#2's Christmas list but EVERYONE else is done!! I have many things already purchased for DD#2 but I need that dang list.

Budget???? We are under budget for the first time in more years than I can ever remember. All  that being said I am sure I will end up buying a few more things here and there if and when I decide to venture out but I know we will meet our goal. It will be so nice to start the year out with money sitting in our Vacation/Christmas account.

Goal for tomorrow is to FINISH decorating for Christmas, clean out the fridge, get started on FMQ for a Christmas gift, and cleaning the house. Decorating is such messy work.

Anyone else close to being done with your shopping?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have purchased anything online other then Business Cards thru Vistaprint. Good job but sure hope you feel better soon, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting over a cold-started the Monday before Thanksgiving. I think I'm nearly done with my shopping but I left my list in my desk at work and I'm on vacation this week-definitely not going in to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just getting over a cold-started the Monday before Thanksgiving. I think I'm nearly done with my shopping but I left my list in my desk at work and I'm on vacation this week-definitely not going in to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting over a cold-started the Monday before Thanksgiving. I think I'm nearly done with my shopping but I left my list in my desk at work and I'm on vacation this week-definitely not going in to get it!

    ReplyDelete