Tuesday, October 21, 2014

7 Day Christmas Challenge

 I just love fall. What could be better than hanging out with the family watching a Pee Wee football game in the afternoon?
 Sitting on your Papaws lap sharing snacks
 or dancing in the parking lot to tunes on Mommy's phone?
Another wonderful thing that comes along with fall is we are able to have the central air and heat off for awhile. Sitting in the evening doing some hand sewing with the back door open...nothing better :)

Yep I am lovin this fall weather!! It's the perfect time to finish up a few (lots) of UFOs

A GF and I have been working on Christmas stockings for more years than I like to admit. More times than I can count we talk about how we must finish them THIS year!  This one is Kara's, yep it's been 4 years in the making! But this week it will be complete, no ands, ifs, or buts about it. Ditto for Karsyn if I can remember where I put her extra pieces :(. I hope to at least get a good start on Masons Mans, maybe even peak at the instructions for Tater Tots.

I always have the best of intentions each year to get the little kiddo's stockings finished but those intentions fly right out the window when December rolls around. I have even packed these suckers up to take along on our beach trip thinking I would sit in the evening enjoying the ocean breeze while stitching.... never happens :) Our November family Mt trip...forget it. Put all 12 of us in a cabin together and its pandemonium, in a good way of course :)

For the next 7 days my evenings will be devoted to sequins and stitching. Does anyone else have Christmas projects that have been ongoing for years and years? Why not grab that project this week and get to work with us. There is no time to wait, Christmas is getting so close it has me in a sweat! I have sew many more things that I have put aside that must be finished for Christmas gifts that need to get in the mail.

Off to the Dr this morning for some blood work. Why is it when I need blood work and can't eat after 10:00 PM I am hungry as a bear? I mean really, we do not eat at that time of the night!!! Last night I tossed and turned all night, kicking myself for not working in a late night snack before the cut off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment