Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Home Sweet Home

 We just returned home from 6 action packed days in this beautiful cabin with the whole family.
 The big and little kiddo's love picking out their family Christmas village piece along with a visit with Santa to kick off the upcoming holiday season at The Christmas Place.
 Tater Tot loved all of the lights and sounds.
 We surprised the grands with a trip to Dollywood one day. This was the best shot I could get with all of them together. As you can see they were a little wild :)

 I had read many reviews on line before we decided to lay down the cash for "Dollywood" most were not very good. Personally we had a great time. There was a good selection of rides for the big and little kiddo's without being overwhelming. The lines went pretty fast, the staff around the park and at rides were all over the top helpful. We were so busy running around we were not able to get into any of the shows which we had heard were great. The food....typical overpriced park food :) I would recommend this park to any family for some good old fashion fun.
There were very FEW quite moments during our stay but here is one sweet quite time with Mason Man and Tater Tot. Mason is fascinated with Tater Tot, he keeps asking us "when he gonna grow up?" To soon I am afraid Mason :(

Oh the joy of arriving home to our own bed with no little ones tucked between us :) Man oh man, it is not easy sleeping with the grands. Of course it was never just one at a time sleeping with us. Papaw and I had a heck of a time hanging on to our sides of the beds for dear life!!

Now its catch up time!!!!

Car unpacked and cleaned - Check
Mail sorted - Check
Bills paid - Check (ouch)
Laundry caught up - Check
Groceries in - Check
Meals planned - Check
Fridge and freezers cleaned - Check
Halloween decorations stored away - Check
Thanksgiving decorations ready to go - Check
Sewing projects lined up - Forget it!!!!

I was able to get some work done on the grands Christmas stockings while we were away, I am oh so close to being done!!!! As always before I have completed one project I find something else I MUST DO :) Now if I can remember where the heck I put that pile of felt I have all organized by color :)

I am such a home body. As much as I love being able to vacation with our big and little kiddo's there really is no place like home. While catching up on the weather this morning I couldn't help but wish for all that snow folks are getting up North.  I had dreams of being snowed in for a week while vacuuming this morning. There is a great possibility I won't have to leave the house for the next 2 days, ahh LOVE that!

Hope to have a few handmade things to share in the AM along with a cute Christmas gift idea for little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment